Trains between Two Stations
Indian Railways is one of the largest railway networks in the world. It function multiple types of trains such as Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Mail express trains, Goods train, Passenger trains, Superfast trains, Duronto etc. The simple NDTV beeps search will bring right in front of your screen, the details of the number of trains running between two stations, train timings, operative days of the train and more options. Some people try to find the trains between two stations using online websites. If you want to find details of how many trains are running through two particular stations and train timings, operative days and much more, you can visit the website to know the trains between two stations.
How to find Trains between two stations?
You can easily and quickly find the trains between important stations. Just follow the below mentioned three steps.
- Step 1: Carefully write the source and destination stations in the above search box.
- Step 2: When you write the station name, the drop-down menu will provide you one or more station option and station code. Carefully select the station which you want.
- Step 3: After that simply select the date of journey and then click on the “Search Train” option.
After that the search results will be displayed on your screen. The search results will display the information such as
- Number of trains running between two stations you selected
- Indian Railway Train Numbers/Train codes
- Name of IRCTC train between station
- Origin of the train station
- Scheduled departure time & Arrival time of train
- The travel class: AC, Chair Car, Sleeper etc.
- The schedule of number of days the train run in a week
- Seat availability in different coaches
Types of Indian Railways Trains:
India’s first passenger train was run between Bombay’s Bori Bunder Station and Thane on April 16, 1853 and it was dedicated by Lord Dalhousie. It carried 400 people and travelling 34 kilometers. At present, the technology gets developed and Indian Railways run thousands of daily express and local passenger trains. Railway department has categorized the trains according the average speed and route. Let’s see types of Indian Trains in India.
- Passenger trains: Using passenger train, people who travel from one city to another city or one station to another station. It can also be classified into Slow and fast passenger trains. Fast passenger trains running between important stations. Slow passenger trains have stoppage at every single station.
- Local Trains: There are lots of local districts available in India. Here people use these local trains for transport. Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi are very busiest city in India so people use local trains for their purpose. It also categorized into Slow and Fast local trains.
- Express Trains & Superfast Trains: These trains are very fast compared to other trains and it run across long distance. To travel on this train, you have to book your tickets previously. Once you reserved the tickets, the 10 digit PNR number will generated. If you don’t book the tickets previously, then you can’t travel on these trains.
- Shatabdi & Janshatabdi Express Trains: These trains are very high speed trains in Indian Railway which are connect long distance and important stations. Difference between Express & Shatabdi is sleeper coach is not available in Shatabdi; it contains only seats for seating. Shatabdi train are fully air-conditioned, A/C coach is not available. But in Janshatabdi express, both A/C and non A/C coach is available. You can also check your status in PNR.
- Garib Rath: Garib Rath ticket price is relatively lower than the other air-conditioned trains. The special part of this train is that it contains AC 3 tier coaches with low fare and also a super fast train. This train beats speeds of express trains and also the super fast train too. You can enjoy train journey with lesser fare and you can also check the PNR status. ==> (https://erailway.co.in/pnr-status)
- Metro Trains: These trains are equipped with latest technologies and currently run in few metro cities of India like Mumbai, Kolkata, and New Delhi. You no need to reserve the tickets and it doesn’t generate the PNR number. It runs in a moderate speed and runs on their scheduled time.
- Duran to Express: This express train is one of the fastest trains in the country. In terms of speeds, you can compare it with Shatabdi or Rajdhani express. The special part of this train is it connects only the capital cities of the country. It couldn’t stop between source and the destination.
Check the trains between two stations using online websites:
There are lots of websites that provide the real-time train routing, timing and availability information’s. Here I listed some important websites people search most.
- The Indian Railways official website – www.indianrail.gov.in
- IRCTC (Indian Railway catering and Tourism corporation) – www.irctc.co.in
What to do if seats are not available in Preferred trains?
If there are no seats available for your preferred train you can do the following,
- If seats are not available, choose the next best option to travel. Just click on times which will sorts the train list in order of least time.
- If possible you can look for previous dates or next dates seat availability.
- Otherwise, look for the seats that have high chances of confirmation.
- You can take look for availability of some stations before your preferred station. You may get the seat availability if you look two or three station previous or after.
- If your get seats for your previous station, you can change the boarding point while booking tickets.
There are large number of trains are run between important stations. The Indian Railways covered all metropolitan cities, other cities, towns, villages in entire length and breadth of the country. Our Indian Railway is the fourth largest railway network in the world. This Indian Railway contains 1, 15, 000 kms of tracks over a 65,000 kms of distance. The revenue of Indian railway is around Rs.1.8 Trillion.
Related Searches of Trains Between Stations: Trains Between Stations, trains between two stations, IRCTC train between station, train between important stations, Trains Between Two Stations Live, Find Train Between Two Stations, trains running between two stations.
eRailway - One App for all your train travel Needs:
- Live train Running status
- Get Train Seat Availablity
- View PNR Status
- Find trains running between stations
- Find train details (Fare information, Coach posititon and stations on the route)